Thursday, December 16, 2010

Genius Mourns Itself

A Requiem or Requiem Mass, also known as Mass for the dead (Latin: Missa pro defunctis) or Mass of the dead (Latin: Missa defunctorum), is Mass celebrated for the repose of the soul or souls of one or more deceased persons, using a particular formula of the Roman Missal. It is frequently, but not necessarily, celebrated in the context of a funeral.
The Lacrimosa is part of the Dies Irae sequence in the Requiem mass. Its text comes from the 18th and 19th stanzas of the sequence. Many composers, including Mozart, Berlioz, and Verdi have set the text as a discrete movement of the Requiem.
~Wikipedia
Lacrimosa is a duo led by German Tilo Wolff, the main composer, and Finnish Anne Nurmi, currently based in Switzerland, but originally from Germany.

If you only listen to one new album this year, make it Lichtgestalt by Lacrimosa.


And if you listen to only one new song this year make it Sapphire



I really wish I could have been in Berlin for this.



I worship the ground these two walk on.

They are my revered Gods. They represent a level of class and distinction in classical/metal music composition that outdoes any imagination I ever had of what music could be and do. After years of listening to them I am still blown away each time I hear them. I am forever in their debt.

Darkest Hailz.... Lacrimosa.... the angel and the devil forever united....
...a bow.

No comments: