Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Falling Awake

Song of the day by Tarja Turunen. I need to wake up and this is the powerful song to do it for me.



Falling Awake

Phantom voices with no words to follow
At the mercy of the cold and hollow
I withdrew into my sanctuary of silence
My defence

In this moment I am just becoming

Liberated from my cell of nothing
No sensation there was only breathing
Overcome oblivion

Falling Awake

From a walking sleep
And all that remains
Is the dying memory
And now I can dive for
these dreams I make
Like I am Falling
I am falling awake

Waves of melodies once forgotten

like a symphony across the ocean
Never knew that they could hear my calling
deep within
crashing in
rushing in
like falling

Falling Awake

From a walking sleep
And all that remains
Is the dying memory
And now I can dive for
these dreams I make
Like I am Falling
I am falling awake

There is no returning to that emptiness,

loneliness
The dream that lives inside of me
won't fade away, it's wide awake

Falling Awake

From a walking sleep
And all that remains
Is the dying memory
And now I can dive for
these dreams I make
Like I am Falling
I am falling awake


7 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Fantastic song! Thanks for sharing. Love discovering new music.

Cheers!

Christopher Courtley said...

Beautiful. I'm a big fan of Tarja, but I hadn't heard this one yet. Thanks for posting it!

S. Camille said...

I'm glad and you're welcome!

ratatouille's archives said...

Hi! Ms. Corpse Cafe...
Thanks, for sharing the sounds...I noticed your interests in the Tarot cards which I have read about...However, I'am yet to purchase Tarot cards.

On the other hand, I follow the teaching Of the Medicine Wheel and have purchased Medicine Wheel (Animal) "Spiritual" cards.

I must learn more about the way(s) Of the "Tarot cards" if that is possible.
DeeDee ;-D

S. Camille said...

Hi DeeDee

That's why I am here! I am sharing my knowledge of the tarot here in this blog. I also have the Medicine Wheel Animal cards as well as Medicine Woman Tarot, which is very good if you follow the teachings of the medicine wheel.

But these days I prefer the older medieval tarot decks and the more modern Gothic decks, although if you get any of these that are accompanied by a tarot guide book the messages are very similar to those of the Medicine Woman tarot. Another very good one along the same lines as the Medicine Woman Tarot is Rachael Pollock's Shining Tribe Tarot and guide book or even Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of Pagan Cats. But best of all for learning the tarot is Rachael's book 78 Degrees of Wisdom. Very good!!!

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Love the song! Never heard of Tarja. Looking forward to exploring more of their music!

S. Camille said...

@KATN to see more of her music check out this post http://corpsecafe.blogspot.com/2011/03/nightwish.html