Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Moonspell In Toronto

I went to the Voices from the Dark tour last night to see Moonspell and The Foreshadowing at the Annex Wreck Room in Toronto. I ended up at the front of the line an hour and a half before the doors opened because I hadn't had time to go get a ticket beforehand and didn't want to find them sold out if I came too late.

The wait wasn't so bad as the weather was sort of mild. I kept expecting the line to grow but it didn't. By the time the doors opened there couldn't have been more than 30 people waiting with me which took some of the booya out of being first in line.

A short while later the first band came on, Death Wolf, and they happily played to the 10 people standing upfront with them.

The Foreshadowing came next, add 10 more, including me. Kind of disappointing, but didn't keep me from 'feeling it'...

By the time Moonspell came on, almost all the booya I had for the show was gone. I stood up front.

But I just couldn't get into it. There were enough people in the crowd this time to make it seem like a big show, but it simply wasn't a big show. I could feel that most people were there to see Marduk and Inquisition, very traditional black metal bands. Moonspell and The Foreshadowing don't really fall into this category. At least not in my opinion. If Moonspell were to play with, say, Ozzy Osbourne, I'm sure they'd fit in much better.







Anyhoo, glad I went. Moonspell really is an awesome band. See! Picture of me mostly enjoying it!

No comments: