Friday, November 26, 2010

Grave Images

© 2010 S. Camille Crawford

There is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought --a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!
~Mark Twain~

© 2010 S. Camille Crawford

A couple of pieces construed from photographs I took at the St. James Cemetery in downtown Toronto.

Please read the ABOUT ME page regarding use of my images.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

I think the first one is my favorite. I dig on grayscale. I also appreciate the large image. I like being able to view it full screen and imagine myself standing in the graveyard.

S. Camille said...

Thanks for the feedback. I like it too, although it's always bugged me that I didn't put more of a haze around the moon. It just doesn't look natural enough for me. But this image has already been published in a couple of different places and I can't really change it now so I'll just have to do better on the next one.