Thursday, December 12, 2019

Burial Ground

I woke up this morning to my brain telling me it was Clyde. I'm assuming it was my left brain, since my right brain doesn't talk to me in words, only images and sensations, but it was definitely referring to my right brain.
So I started thinking about Clyde as a brain and that led me to horses; the Clydesdale.
Then I thought, what in Hel is a Clyde? And what on earth is a dale?

So I 'googled' those terms.

The River Clyde flows past the Isle of Arran into the Firth of Clyde towards Loch Lomand & The Trossacks National Park in Scotland. It flows from the southwest towards the northeast. This is a northwest flow. This is often the direction of the prevailing winds here at the edge of the world. Perhaps my thoughts, as they travel down into my body, then flow northwest through my song towards Scotland. The song of my body as it sings to the world.

There is a long cove there, called Loch Long. I too live in a long cove, here in the west. Hmmm... food for my soul.

So this led me to look for similarities in my own physical surroundings of the Mi'kma'ki and that brought me to looking at the small island off the west coast of the larger island of Bute, of which the Sound of Bute flows between. Hmmm... a song reference, perhaps?

There are ruins there from medieval times. The outline of an old monastary in a place that is only named on the google sky view map only named Midpark.

Turns out it is named Marnock after St. Ernán. Earnán, is of Irish origin and many saints are named after him. The name itself means 'knowing.' There are many saints named for the those ruins. An archealogical project has revealed stone slabs bearing early Christian and Norse runic markings.

To cut this story short because my brain needs to go elsewhere for a while. All this led me to Fingals' Cave in the Isle of Staffa. The Isle of Staffa is a series of hexagonal rock columns formed by volcanic eruption millions of years ago.

 
I will wish to sea myself there, while I ponder dale, which means the plains in a river valley.

No comments: