Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Owlman of Mawnan Smith

 

handrawn images from 1976

I love hearing tales from The Cornish Bird Blog(man)!

In this one The Owlman of Mawnan Smith a tale that has been repeated several times tells of a large greyish silver bird resembling an owl, with red eyes and huge claws, half bird / half man has been spotted over the years! 

In one telling a scared eyewitness says 

The time was 15 minutes after 9, more or less. And I was walking along a narrow track through the trees. I was halted in my tracks when about 30m ahead I saw a monstrous ‘Birdman’ thing. It was the size of a man with a ghastly face, a wide mouth, glowing eyes and pointed ears. It had huge clawed wings and was covered in feathers of silver grey colour. The thing had long bird legs which terminated in large black claws. It saw me and rose, floating towards me. I just screamed then turn and ran for my life. The whole experience was totally irrational and dreamlike. 

I think I must somehow go to Cornwall and see for myself. I believe this is my nemesis!

No comments: